Cnet and Neogaf user Creamsugar were able to shed some light on how Nintendo did this January according to the latest NPD results.
Cnet reports that the Wii U Console sold 57,000 at retail in January, bringing the Wii U’s total sales in America to 940,000. For comparison the Wii U sold 378,000 less then the Wii sold in its first January.
Creamsugar then reported that the Deluxe version took 83 percent of console sales compared to the basic’s 17, as well as listing the top twenty Wii U game titles for the month.
1. New Super Mario Bros. U
2. Scribblenauts Unlimited (over 100k sold)
3. Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (over 100k sold)
4. ZombiU (over 100k sold)
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
6. Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
7. Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
8. Just Dance 4 (over 100k sold)
9. Assassin’s Creed III
10. Skylanders Giants
11. Madden NFL 13
12. ESPN Sports Connection
14. Nintendo Land
15. Rabbids Land
16. Marvel Avangers: Battle for Earth
17. NBA 2K13
18. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge
19. SiNG Party
20. FIFA 13
Creamsugar then went on to give some information on sales of Nintendo’s other platforms. He stated that the 3DS sold under 150k, that the Wii sold over 100k, and the DS sold over 50k.
I Can’t imagine that Nintendo is thrilled with the Wii U hardware results, but I believe they can bounce back. March brings a new batch of games and the end of the fiscal year. I fully expect come April that they will start heavily advertising the console again.